Over the month of March, 19 new publications were added to NewspaperDirect’s Digital and Print-on-Demand networks. Make sure to check them out online through PressDisplay.com or on your favorite tablet or mobile device through PressReader.
- Argentina | La Voz del Interior
- Australia | Sunday Mail (Brisbane) – U on Sunday
- China | The Time Weekly
- Croatia | Sibenski List
- Latvia | Diena – Sestdiena
- Poland | Angora
- Russia | Literaturnaya Gazeta
- USA | Arkansas Democrat-Gazette (Northwest Edition)
- USA | McDonald County Press
- USA | Northwest Arkansas Times
- USA | Rogers Morning News
- USA | Siloam Springs Herald Leader
- USA | Springdale Morning News
- USA | The Benton County Daily Record
- USA | The Times (Northeast Benton County)
- USA | The Union-Recorder (Milledgeville, GA)
- USA | The Weekly Vista
- USA | Washington County Enterprise-Leader
- USA | Westside Eagle-Observer
For a complete list of the titles available through NewspaperDirect’s publishing networks, please click here.
Will you be attending this year’s Publishing Expo conference on March 1st and 2nd in London, England?
If you are, make sure to catch Nikolay Malyarov, NewspaperDirect’s Vice President of Publishing and Legal Affairs and the Irish Independent’s Patrick Lenehan, CTO – INM Ireland Digital, team up for The Big Digital Debate: Which Platform? And What Strategy? scheduled for Wednesday March 2nd at 2:10 pm.
And what can you expect if you attend? Well, nothing short of a great debate on hot button issues like:
- Which of the many varied digital options will suite you and your company best?
- Is the iPad right for you? and…
- How to build a multi-faceted strategy for the varied digital platforms available to consumers?
Guaranteed to be riveting, Nikolay, Patrick and other panelists will attempt to provide those in attendance with clarity and perspective on issues those in the publishing world are currently facing, so don’t miss out!
And don’t forget to drop by and chat with Johanie Marcoux, Director, Publishing at NewspaperDirect at booth B25 to see all the latest releases of PressReader and SmartEdition apps on the newest tablets.
We hope to see you there!
With PressReader for Android v1.1.11.0221, users now have the ability to:
- Easily set up new accounts using in app registration
- Share articles via Twitter and Facebook
- Select and designate favorite titles (synced with PressDisplay.com “My Newspapers”)
- Sort and view titles in Store by favorite designation or recently ordered (in addition to country or language)
- Intuitively browse supplements grouped under respective main publications with the option to “download all supplements” (a note to Pay As You Go subscribers: once a supplement is purchased within a supplement group, all others within that group are available free of charge)
…where they will be able to enjoy:
- A streamlined auto-delivery process where a publication’s latest issue will be downloaded rather than its complete issue history
- A notification message appearing in the system bar advising download completion
- Enhanced search functionality when searching within a specific country (i.e. results from that specific country will appear first)
- The ability to select a specific account if multiple accounts have been authorized
…and will no longer have to worry about:
- The unavailability of 7 free trial issues associated with each new PressReader installation
- Not being able to “Connect to the server”
- Purchasing individual issues without receiving a confirmation prompt (applies to Pay As You Go subscribers only)
As always, we would love to hear your feedback, comments and suggestions! Please let us know how we’re doing by sending us a note through PressReader’s email utility, located under the Settings option, or by sending an email directly to email@example.com.
If nothing else, the 2010 edition of Digital Media Asia, held November 24th to 26th, helped reaffirm that 2011 will be another year on the up and up for NewspaperDirect!
With successful presentations and talks offered up by NewspaperDirect’s own Vice President, Digital, Igor Smirnoff, the event provided an opportunity to make significant inroads with publishers from Hong Kong, India, Malaysia and Africa not to mention with several publishers from the host nation of Singapore.
The event also saw Samsung Electronics showcase their increasingly popular Galaxy Tab device, where, during the presentation, PressReader just so happened to be well featured and highly touted by Samsung executives :).
Well, it means that in addition to the 1,700+ local, national and international newspapers and magazines already available on platforms like the Samsung Galaxy Tab, iPad, iPhone, BlackBerry (and soon to be available on all Android powered devices), the coming year will offer an even wider, more diverse range of publications on more and more amazing platforms hitting the market. What’s not to like about that?!
Held January 7-10 in sunny Las Vegas, Nevada, the 2010 International CES saw NewspaperDirect kick off the New Year in style. Although not an official exhibitor at the event, our own Director of Strategic Development, Igor Smirnoff, was one of the 200,000 individuals in attendance taking in the sights, sounds and latest tech market offerings as well as getting a glimpse into some of the goodies that really aren’t all that far off (3D TV? Sign me up!).
More importantly, Igor’s attendance hinged around key partnership announcements made by Sony, Amazon and Google. With these new partnerships, NewspaperDirect’s unprecedented list of 1,400+ full content digital publications, made available through PressDisplay.com, are now available to Sony Reader, Kindle, and Google Android mobile OS smartphone users!
Not a bad week by any stretch of the imagination.
And what’s even better? You can expect to hear similar announcements over the course of 2010 as NewspaperDirect continues to push platform boundaries!
What a way to kick off 2010! Having announced support for both the Sony Reader and Amazon Kindle earlier in the week, NewspaperDirect yesterday announced that PressDisplay.com is up and running on Google Android mobile OS devices!
So what does this mean for all the smartphone and press aficionados out there? You got it! You can now use your PressDisplay subscription on Google’s Nexus One and other Google Android mobile OS smartphones to bring NewspaperDirect’s diverse selection of 1,400+ newspapers and magazines to the palm of your hands.
All you have to do is open up your browser and point to www.pressdisplay.com and voila! What you get is what you want – world press optimized and displayed on your smartphone in a really simple and easy-to-use format bringing you:
- Complete and full-content including images, cartoons, puzzles and advertisements.
- Great navigational controls, table of contents, zoom and pan capabilities and page scrolling.
- Full graphics and text only views and auto-jumps that link articles spanning several pages.
- Cross-title searches, article sharing, commenting, text-to-speech and access to back issues.
Check these out!
NewspaperDirect’s objective is a straightforward one…
“We believe in giving readers what they want: their favorite publications, in their entirety, presented in a familiar, intuitive format, wherever readers are, and on whichever device they prefer,” said Alex Kroogman, CEO of NewspaperDirect. “And, in addition to providing the broadest range of distribution choices for our customers, we offer a proven paid content business model to our publishers — at no operational cost to them.”
Well, that’s week 1 of 52 down for 2010. Make sure to stay closely tuned though, it’s going to be a great year ;).