As you know by now, our first “Win an iPad2” contest ended last month. First off, I’d like to send a HUGE CONGRATULATIONS to our winners from Facebook and Twitter. Enjoy those new iPad2s+PressReader!!!
We loved interacting with our fans throughout the contest, and we hope you had as much fun participating in the contest as we did. I’ve had an especially great time getting to know all you fans and followers throughout my short summer internship here at NewspaperDirect. Thank you for posting, tweeting, sharing, and getting the word out every day! Your poems, pictures, and constant creativity have made the contest so much fun! In fact, we enjoyed your creative contributions so much, we decided to share the highlights with everyone. So, sit back, relax, and enjoy!
And don’t worry, this contest may be over, but our next contest is just around the corner. The PressDisplay folks are coming up with all kinds of challenges for you to solve, giving you multiple chances to win a new iPad2 + PressReader.
As for Kate the Intern, my summer schtick here has come to an end, and I have to say, I’m so sad to go! Thanks for keeping it fun and fresh all summer long, and I’m sure we’ll meet in the social media land again!
Hosted by Newspapers Canada in partnership with the British Columbia and Yukon Community Newspapers Association (BCYCNA), the 2011 edition of Ink + Beyond will focus on innovative online strategies and new directions in print publishing.
Being held on April 29th and 30th in Richmond, BC, Ink + Beyond 2011 will feature speakers, seminars and presentations covering a broad range of topics for daily and weekly newspapers including NewspaperDirect’s Nikolay Malyarov, VP of Publishing and Legal Affairs, sharing best practices and success stories in mobile applications and NIE.
Make sure to catch Nikolay at the following sessions:
Friday April 29, 2011 3:30 PM – 5:00 PM
Readers on the Go: Mobile Models for Success – Panel
All your mobile questions will be answered during this fast-paces session – everything from social media messaging to news content and ad campaigns.
Saturday April 30, 2011 2:00 PM – 3:00 PM
Reaching Young Readers: NIE Success – Breakout
Newspapers in Education programs are being revolutionized with the advent of eEditions. Learn how to deliver a NIE program that boosts circulation and reaches readers of all grade levels.
If you would like to learn more about NewspaperDirect and how we can help you develop a high-performing cross-platform distribution strategy for zero-operations cost, make sure to visit us at our Ink + Beyond booth or email us at email@example.com.
The motto for Earth Day 2011 is a simple one: Pledge an Act, Save Our Planet.
As we all know, we share a very delicate relationship with the world we live. Unfortunately, this relationship is one mankind has and continues to abuse. And although we’ve all come a long way in the last several years, we have to keep in mind that every eco-friendly effort or act we make and commit to will have a profound positive effect on the environment moving forward.
This year, Earth Day organizers have set a lofty but attainable goal asking for 1 billion green pledges. Whether this pledge is as simple as turning off the lights in your house when they’re not needed or as complicated as reducing the number of times you fly per year, every act of green helps!
Are you looking for some green inspiration?
Well, if your favorite newspaper is still being delivered to your door each and every day, then why not make this the year you go digital with PressDisplay.com or PressReader! In doing so, you’ll immediately reduce your carbon footprint provided you turn your computer off when it’s not being used or unplug your favorite device when it’s not being charged. It’s a pretty unique pledge if you ask me.
See what others from around the world have pledged this Earth Day by visiting http://act.earthday.org/ and don’t forget to submit your own act of green. Again, every act large or small plays a significant role.
Pledge an Act, Save Our Planet!
Happy Earth Day to all.
Over the month of March, 19 new publications were added to NewspaperDirect’s Digital and Print-on-Demand networks. Make sure to check them out online through PressDisplay.com or on your favorite tablet or mobile device through PressReader.
- Argentina | La Voz del Interior
- Australia | Sunday Mail (Brisbane) – U on Sunday
- China | The Time Weekly
- Croatia | Sibenski List
- Latvia | Diena – Sestdiena
- Poland | Angora
- Russia | Literaturnaya Gazeta
- USA | Arkansas Democrat-Gazette (Northwest Edition)
- USA | McDonald County Press
- USA | Northwest Arkansas Times
- USA | Rogers Morning News
- USA | Siloam Springs Herald Leader
- USA | Springdale Morning News
- USA | The Benton County Daily Record
- USA | The Times (Northeast Benton County)
- USA | The Union-Recorder (Milledgeville, GA)
- USA | The Weekly Vista
- USA | Washington County Enterprise-Leader
- USA | Westside Eagle-Observer
For a complete list of the titles available through NewspaperDirect’s publishing networks, please click here.
With successful conferences held in the UK over the last 30 years, Online Information will be heading to Hong Kong for a brand new annual event dedicated to the Pan-Asian Information Profession.
Open to venders, publishers, businesses and the general public on March 23-24, 2011 at the Hong Kong Convention & Exhibition Centre, the conference will look to examine the latest innovations and ideas from the information world through a broad range of learning opportunities.
So whether you’re a publisher looking to expand your digital distribution or a business or library looking for new tools to meet your growing needs, make a point to meet up with NewspaperDirect’s Vice President, Digital, Igor Smirnoff and Global Business Development Manager, Mark Ritchie at STAND 203 to discuss NewspaperDirect’s innovative publishing solutions!
Also make sure to catch the following exciting talks by Igor and Mark at the conference!
Igor Smirnoff, VP, Digital: Wednesday March 23rd @ 11:30 am
Newspapers on Tablets & Mobile Devices
Mark Ritchie, Manager, Global Business Development: Thursday March 24th @ 2:00 pm
Beyond the Printed Newspaper
We’re looking forward to seeing you there!
As with every new PressReader release, we attempt to bring readers cool new features, functionality and performance enhancements and version 2.3 of the app is no exception as users will be able to:
- Read publications as full double page spreads (in landscape orientation on iPad only)
- Choose to download or auto-deliver ALL supplements belonging to a publication
- Select favorite publications and view them easily through a new “My Newspapers” section
- Find publications by name using a new global search listing
- Enjoy full retina display support (on iPhone & iPod Touch 4 devices)
- See available back issues when ordering publications
- Benefit from numerous fixes and enhancements
As always, we would love to hear your feedback! Please feel free to email us with your comments, questions or suggestions at firstname.lastname@example.org or by using the “Send Us Feedback” option available through PressReader.
Enjoy and don’t forget to rate PressReader on iTunes!
Over the short month of February, 29 exciting new publications and supplements were added to NewspaperDirect’s PressDisplay.com service.
Why not take a moment to check these titles out online via PressDisplay.com or offline using PressReader on your favorite smartphone, mobile device or tablet.
- Australia | The Daily Telegraph (Sydney) – Open House
- Canada | Stanstead Journal
- Denmark | Arhus Stiftstidende
- Denmark | Berlingske Nyhedsmagasin
- Denmark | Weekendavisen
- India | Deshbandhu (Bhopal)
- India | Deshbandhu (Bilaspur)
- India | Deshbandhu (Raipur)
- India | Deshbandhu Supplement (Saturday)
- India | Deshbandhu Supplement (Sunday)
- Italy | Classic Voice
- Pakistan | Bulletin of Education and Research
- Russia | Kommersant Ekaterinburg
- Russia | Kommersant Irkutsk
- Russia | Kommersant Kazan
- Russia | Kommersant Perm
- Russia | Kommersant Rostov
- Russia | Kommersant Samara
- Russia | Kommersant Saratov
- Russia | Kommersant Ufa
- Russia | Kommersant Volgograd
- UK | Blackpool Gazette
- UK | Lancashire Evening Post
- UK | Wigan Evening Post
- Ukraine | Profil
- USA | The Goshen News (Goshen, IN)
- USA | The News Courier (Athens, AL)
- USA | The Ottumwa Courier (Ottumwa, IA)
- USA | Weatherford Democrat (Weatherford, TX)
For a complete list of the titles available through NewspaperDirect’s digital publishing network, please click here.