Over the month of March, 19 new publications were added to NewspaperDirect’s Digital and Print-on-Demand networks. Make sure to check them out online through PressDisplay.com or on your favorite tablet or mobile device through PressReader.
- Argentina | La Voz del Interior
- Australia | Sunday Mail (Brisbane) – U on Sunday
- China | The Time Weekly
- Croatia | Sibenski List
- Latvia | Diena – Sestdiena
- Poland | Angora
- Russia | Literaturnaya Gazeta
- USA | Arkansas Democrat-Gazette (Northwest Edition)
- USA | McDonald County Press
- USA | Northwest Arkansas Times
- USA | Rogers Morning News
- USA | Siloam Springs Herald Leader
- USA | Springdale Morning News
- USA | The Benton County Daily Record
- USA | The Times (Northeast Benton County)
- USA | The Union-Recorder (Milledgeville, GA)
- USA | The Weekly Vista
- USA | Washington County Enterprise-Leader
- USA | Westside Eagle-Observer
For a complete list of the titles available through NewspaperDirect’s publishing networks, please click here.
As with every new PressReader release, we attempt to bring readers cool new features, functionality and performance enhancements and version 2.3 of the app is no exception as users will be able to:
- Read publications as full double page spreads (in landscape orientation on iPad only)
- Choose to download or auto-deliver ALL supplements belonging to a publication
- Select favorite publications and view them easily through a new “My Newspapers” section
- Find publications by name using a new global search listing
- Enjoy full retina display support (on iPhone & iPod Touch 4 devices)
- See available back issues when ordering publications
- Benefit from numerous fixes and enhancements
As always, we would love to hear your feedback! Please feel free to email us with your comments, questions or suggestions at email@example.com or by using the “Send Us Feedback” option available through PressReader.
Enjoy and don’t forget to rate PressReader on iTunes!
Dear PressDisplay.com and PressReader users,
Please note that we are currently experiencing technical difficulties with our servers. These issues are currently our top priority and we’re working diligently to resolve them.
We apologize for the inconvenience. Thank you for your understanding.
In an effort to help clarify some of the ambiguity associated with NewspaperDirect’s current PressDisplay.com and PressReader subscription plans, a number of subtle but important changes have been implemented, effective immediately.
The first and likely most noticeable change is the removal of the “Unlimited” descriptive next to the Personal Unlimited, Corporate Unlimited and Professional Unlimited plans. Moving forward, these plans will be referred to as Personal, Corporate and Professional, respectively.
Nothing has changed in terms of the fair usage policy that has always applied to these plans. The word “Unlimited” was removed to reduce ambiguity. Let me explain…
Unlimited was used in previous plan names to let readers know that they could access any of the over 1,700 titles on PressDisplay with just one subscription (unlike other newsstands which require a subscription per title). It was never intended to mean someone could read an unlimited number of titles in a day. It was about unlimited choice, not unlimited consumption.
Obviously we really messed up our naming conventions because it did confuse a lot of people and for that we do apologize.
Maximum # of Auto-Downloads
The second change you’ll notice, particularly if you’re an avid PressReader user, is that a maximum number of auto-downloads is limited for each of the Personal, Corporate and Professional plans.
When the auto-download feature was introduced a couple of months ago on iPads and Android devices, the assumption was that users would select the number of auto-downloads based on our fair use policy of their subscription plan.
Unfortunately that assumption was incorrect. And so we have had to limit the number of on auto-downloads for users based on their subscription plan to conform to the fair use policy (please note that if supplements are available through a specific publication, they will not count toward this limit if the main publication is purchased first).
Note, however, that subscribers are still able to manually download a title after they’ve reached their auto-download limit for the day. It’s only “auto” downloads that are controlled.
We are offering a grandfather clause for those of you have already set up more than your allotted auto-downloads. You can continue to enjoy the number you had before, but once you unsubscribe to an auto-download, you not be able to subscribe to it again if it exceeds the limit.
Although PressReader users are able to set the number of days they wish to keep the publications they download, offline storage terms are set by publishers, not NewspaperDirect, and vary by publication. And while this is not a change to plans or policies, I felt it was important to mention it here as we have had some questions about it.
If the specific offline storage term for publication X is 6 days, the publication will be removed from your device after 6 days even if you have chosen a 14 day term in the application.
Conversely, publication Y may have an unlimited offline storage term. If you have chosen 14 days of offline storage in the application, publication Y will indeed be deleted after 14 days from your device.
With new and exciting smartphones, tablets and eReaders hitting the market on what feels like a daily basis, publishers need to continually adapt and adjust their digital strategies to meet the evolving needs and demands of their readers.
While seemingly an uphill battle (and a perpetual one at that), the reality is NewspaperDirect’s multi-channel, multi-platform solutions help make this a breeze by getting your publication directly into the hands of your readers – exactly where and how they want to read them!
Moreover, as a publisher, wouldn’t it be useful to know exactly which channels and solutions your readers are using, which devices they favor and where your content is being consumed in the world?
Well, with NewspaperDirect’s latest circulation reporting tool, you can track these key circulation metrics with ease and reliability – regardless if your digital strategy includes one or all of NewspaperDirect’s PressDisplay.com, SmartEdition, PressReader or Print-on-Demand products or services!
Accessed using the credentials provided by our Publishing IT team, the report will allows you to:
- Generate report summaries by service (e.g. PressDisplay, Library PressDisplay or Print-on-Demand), by delivery vehicle (PC, iPad, iPhone and Android devices), or by country;
- Create full report access with added information required by the different Audit Bureaus of Circulation ensuring replica copies are counted as part of your audited circulation figures;
- View reports in all available web browsers where they can be easily converted into XML, CSV, PDF, MHTML, Excel, TIFF and Word formats.
If you’re already a NewspaperDirect partner and haven’t checked out the report yet, now’s your chance!
And if you need one more reason to jump on board with NewspaperDirect, the circulation reporting tool is just one more way we can help put your mind at ease in a publishing world that has become more frenetic than ever.
If you have questions, require additional information or would like to provide feedback on the report, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.