Hosted by Newspapers Canada in partnership with the British Columbia and Yukon Community Newspapers Association (BCYCNA), the 2011 edition of Ink + Beyond will focus on innovative online strategies and new directions in print publishing.
Being held on April 29th and 30th in Richmond, BC, Ink + Beyond 2011 will feature speakers, seminars and presentations covering a broad range of topics for daily and weekly newspapers including NewspaperDirect’s Nikolay Malyarov, VP of Publishing and Legal Affairs, sharing best practices and success stories in mobile applications and NIE.
Make sure to catch Nikolay at the following sessions:
Friday April 29, 2011 3:30 PM – 5:00 PM
Readers on the Go: Mobile Models for Success – Panel
All your mobile questions will be answered during this fast-paces session – everything from social media messaging to news content and ad campaigns.
Saturday April 30, 2011 2:00 PM – 3:00 PM
Reaching Young Readers: NIE Success – Breakout
Newspapers in Education programs are being revolutionized with the advent of eEditions. Learn how to deliver a NIE program that boosts circulation and reaches readers of all grade levels.
If you would like to learn more about NewspaperDirect and how we can help you develop a high-performing cross-platform distribution strategy for zero-operations cost, make sure to visit us at our Ink + Beyond booth or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Over the month of March, 19 new publications were added to NewspaperDirect’s Digital and Print-on-Demand networks. Make sure to check them out online through PressDisplay.com or on your favorite tablet or mobile device through PressReader.
- Argentina | La Voz del Interior
- Australia | Sunday Mail (Brisbane) – U on Sunday
- China | The Time Weekly
- Croatia | Sibenski List
- Latvia | Diena – Sestdiena
- Poland | Angora
- Russia | Literaturnaya Gazeta
- USA | Arkansas Democrat-Gazette (Northwest Edition)
- USA | McDonald County Press
- USA | Northwest Arkansas Times
- USA | Rogers Morning News
- USA | Siloam Springs Herald Leader
- USA | Springdale Morning News
- USA | The Benton County Daily Record
- USA | The Times (Northeast Benton County)
- USA | The Union-Recorder (Milledgeville, GA)
- USA | The Weekly Vista
- USA | Washington County Enterprise-Leader
- USA | Westside Eagle-Observer
For a complete list of the titles available through NewspaperDirect’s publishing networks, please click here.
With successful conferences held in the UK over the last 30 years, Online Information will be heading to Hong Kong for a brand new annual event dedicated to the Pan-Asian Information Profession.
Open to venders, publishers, businesses and the general public on March 23-24, 2011 at the Hong Kong Convention & Exhibition Centre, the conference will look to examine the latest innovations and ideas from the information world through a broad range of learning opportunities.
So whether you’re a publisher looking to expand your digital distribution or a business or library looking for new tools to meet your growing needs, make a point to meet up with NewspaperDirect’s Vice President, Digital, Igor Smirnoff and Global Business Development Manager, Mark Ritchie at STAND 203 to discuss NewspaperDirect’s innovative publishing solutions!
Also make sure to catch the following exciting talks by Igor and Mark at the conference!
Igor Smirnoff, VP, Digital: Wednesday March 23rd @ 11:30 am
Newspapers on Tablets & Mobile Devices
Mark Ritchie, Manager, Global Business Development: Thursday March 24th @ 2:00 pm
Beyond the Printed Newspaper
We’re looking forward to seeing you there!
As with every new PressReader release, we attempt to bring readers cool new features, functionality and performance enhancements and version 2.3 of the app is no exception as users will be able to:
- Read publications as full double page spreads (in landscape orientation on iPad only)
- Choose to download or auto-deliver ALL supplements belonging to a publication
- Select favorite publications and view them easily through a new “My Newspapers” section
- Find publications by name using a new global search listing
- Enjoy full retina display support (on iPhone & iPod Touch 4 devices)
- See available back issues when ordering publications
- Benefit from numerous fixes and enhancements
As always, we would love to hear your feedback! Please feel free to email us with your comments, questions or suggestions at email@example.com or by using the “Send Us Feedback” option available through PressReader.
Enjoy and don’t forget to rate PressReader on iTunes!
Over the short month of February, 29 exciting new publications and supplements were added to NewspaperDirect’s PressDisplay.com service.
Why not take a moment to check these titles out online via PressDisplay.com or offline using PressReader on your favorite smartphone, mobile device or tablet.
- Australia | The Daily Telegraph (Sydney) – Open House
- Canada | Stanstead Journal
- Denmark | Arhus Stiftstidende
- Denmark | Berlingske Nyhedsmagasin
- Denmark | Weekendavisen
- India | Deshbandhu (Bhopal)
- India | Deshbandhu (Bilaspur)
- India | Deshbandhu (Raipur)
- India | Deshbandhu Supplement (Saturday)
- India | Deshbandhu Supplement (Sunday)
- Italy | Classic Voice
- Pakistan | Bulletin of Education and Research
- Russia | Kommersant Ekaterinburg
- Russia | Kommersant Irkutsk
- Russia | Kommersant Kazan
- Russia | Kommersant Perm
- Russia | Kommersant Rostov
- Russia | Kommersant Samara
- Russia | Kommersant Saratov
- Russia | Kommersant Ufa
- Russia | Kommersant Volgograd
- UK | Blackpool Gazette
- UK | Lancashire Evening Post
- UK | Wigan Evening Post
- Ukraine | Profil
- USA | The Goshen News (Goshen, IN)
- USA | The News Courier (Athens, AL)
- USA | The Ottumwa Courier (Ottumwa, IA)
- USA | Weatherford Democrat (Weatherford, TX)
For a complete list of the titles available through NewspaperDirect’s digital publishing network, please click here.
Well, considering how much feedback NewspaperDirect received since changing our PressReader auto-delivery policy several weeks back, we realized that this little piece of advice definitely holds some merit!
When we imposed the restrictions, we did so under the assumption users were just forgetting to turn off auto-deliveries which they had set up and were no longer using.
After receiving several emails from users expressing their dissatisfaction, we came to the conclusion that if subscribers were truly enjoying the auto-delivery functionality available through PressReader, and more importantly, were reading each and every issue they downloaded, how could this possibly be a bad thing?
Well, the long and short of it is that it’s not! And after careful consideration, we’ve raised the number of auto-deliveries available to Personal subscribers to 5, effective today! With the new limit, we feel subscribers will be able to download the titles they wish to read (automatically) and do so fairly.
And you can bet that moving forward,we’ll be soliciting you for even more feedback so we get things right – right from the get go!
Let us know what you think!
Dear PressDisplay.com and PressReader users,
Please note that we are currently experiencing technical difficulties with our servers. These issues are currently our top priority and we’re working diligently to resolve them.
We apologize for the inconvenience. Thank you for your understanding.